"Yahweh = Jehovah," said the Bahá'í.
They really are the same word. The Hebrew word "יהוה", indicating the distinctive personal name of God, may be justifiably translitereated as "Yahweh" or "Jehovah."
Yahzon (or Jason) came over today for our rescheduled weekly visit. We all went out with Halva to take pictures of a nickel seed tree. When we got back to the Bahá'í Center, Jason's friend Cleon happened to be walking down the street. Eventually we all had some discussion inside over dinner. Cristina and Halva made our delicious vegetarian pizza.
From what I can tell, Jason is either a Messianic Jew or a member of the Assemmblies of Yahweh – a cross between Cristianity and Orthodox Judaism. Cleon revealed after dinner that he is a Jehovah's Witness. (No hyperlink or explanation is needed, I'm sure.)
Both of these new friends are teachers of a faith that distinguishes itself from other denominations by insisting that God only has one name as which it is allowable to refer to Him. (I admit that this is an oversimplification.) While having different approaches, both fully intend to convert Cristina and me to their faith. Both showed us their religion's website (www.watchtower.org & www.yahweh.com) and have invited us to their weely service.
They seem very similar to me. I hope we can keep the dialogue going once they realise Cristina and I aren't interested in converting.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home