http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Friday, December 09, 2005 Make a New Post

My Day as a Chauffeur or Continuous Confirmations or The Friday Night Lime

Today was non-stop.

Halva came by in the morning to work on his jewellery. I drove him into town to pick up his pliers. Lavonne came to visit. I drove with her to pick up fish soup, drove with halve to pick up conch chowder, ate, drove Lavonne to work at the Marriot, drove by the Honeyman, and dropped Halva in town.

Cristina and I then met Becky at Sandy Point High School (half hour away) for a Young Leaders meeting. They're creating a music video about unity. We weren't really doing anything, so I was a little annoyed. Just as I got up to leave, some of the students started a conversation with us. That was fun. We exchanged emails. C and I would like to start a discussion group with them if they're interested. *cough* Ruhi! *cough*

While Becky was teaching a friend to read, C and I explored the library. Looking over some diff. eq., I was both excited about getting back to studying next fall, and reminded that I need to review a lot to be comfortable with my math and phsyics knowledge again.

Then, dinner and a movie at Becky's apartment with Becky, Cory, C, Trista and Amika. Barbecue chicken, Fruta (!), banana pudding. Johnny English. (Ahhh, Mr. Bean.) I'm really glad we got to relax on a Friday night with friends.

Halva left his umbrella and cell phone at the Centre. After I dropped off Cristina, I drove out to Frigate Bay where to works some nights to deliver them. He had already left, but I really enjoyed the time I had together with the radio. DANCE PARTY FOR ONE!

I've been getting plenty of guided driving practice with Halva and Cory sharing with me the.

I heard the front gate open. Armed with an umbrella, I expected to find a prowler. Instead it was a woman running from her "boy", who when he found her seemed abusive. I wanted to call the police to report a domestic dispute. Doubting there being a response, I didn't. :-/ Maybe I should be stronger in my idealism.

2 Comments:

At December 12, 2005 12:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been missing the pictures that were oh so common in your posts of previous months. I'd love to see some of the people, events, and places that you write about. : )

P.S. maybe you can teach step or another workshop dance to the local youth. I've heard from Suzan that Lee had a lot of luck with teaching workshop dances to the youth where he is.

 
At December 12, 2005 12:54 am, Blogger Leif Nabil said...

Once I find my camera's USB cable, I'll be able to add the pictures I've been wanting to. Thanks for asking!

It's a great idea to teaching some of the dances from workshop to the youth! I can teach them to the youth and junior youth from Saturday classes or to a group of students from Sandy Point.

Lee and I started emailing each other.

Talk to you later, Linnea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home