The Last Four Days
[Update at bottom.] On Tuesday, Lloyd had a great session with peer counellors at Washington Archibald High School. The two who were there were the same who attended the September training we gave on Breezes of Confirmation and teh Virtues Project. They are all over Sona Arbab's talk and really understand the importance of the programmes for the spiritual empowerment of junior youth. Now, that's not directly related to the "life of Leif", but it is a testament to these shared expereinces we are having here. We have a common vision. We each play our own role. We are confident that the others are doing what is best. We support each other and forgive each other's shortcomings and misunderstandings. I truly love Lloyd. I love everyone here.
Amyié (better known as Amy) is a Young Leader from Sandy Point High School whom Lloyd met at Washi and whom CJ and I have met several times while visiting her part of the island. She is a wonderful and amazing youth. The essay Kay helped her type up was all about unity and what the world really needs. She's a great singer, so Kay asked her to put one of The Hidden Words to music. She is one wicked-cool cat.
Scheduling madness. I don't know how it is at other schools, but at Rutgers you use "WebReg" – an online course registration system. It only took me 19 minutes on Wednesday night to get the schedule you see in the picture, which is very good considering how busy the system can get. I've spent about two days here planning my major path. I think I'll be going with the professional physics major (B.S.), followed by a Master's in teaching. My schedule still isn't finalised, but I'm in communication with an advisor or three (and Darlene here); they (and divine assitance)'ll help me figure it out eventually.Mediocre training session. Next week is the "Moving to Excellence" camp, so the training for all the volunteers was on Wednesday and Thrusday. The trainers were two gentlemen from Trinidad. They specialise in sexuality education, which I suppose is why the sessions were overly obsessed with sexuality. The trainers are great people, but their presentation lacked relevance and depth.
"Rejecting low sights of mediocrity..." I like that quote a lot. It's been on my mind this week. It applies to choosing the more challenging and demanding professional physics major over the general one, and to the mediocre training session.
We went to the Sounth Friar's Bay beach this afternoon. Plenty of fish and rocks. Hopefully the pictures find there way here sooner than later. I watched the Huqúqu'lláh DVD tonight. Very exciting!
[Added: Oh, yeah. I have ringworm bellow my lip. Since I haven't been kissing anyone, it's probably from interacting with kids and touching my face. Also, Cj gave me a haircut this morning. She did a great job for a first timer. And I'd like to (get dorky and) give a shout out to my friends and new readers at Delsea.]








2 Comments:
Leif I miss you and can't wait to see you again. I hope you and CJ are fine. When you comin back to the states? And what happened to the JH youth thing?
-Philip
that really is a nice schedule
Post a Comment
<< Home