I don't want to type because my shoulders are in a lot of pain, but I have really exciting news.
The study circle we have been trying to start since October finally just happened by accident tonight. Rosemary came. Halva came. Sherlene, her daughter N'Zinga, and their three sons came. After some chit-chat, we finally began. Moments later, Darlene sat down and took over facilitating. She apologized later, but I don't really mind becasue I learned a lot from her experience which is twenty times more extensive than mine own. I'll be better prepared for next week.
Saturday Bahá'í classes keep getting better and better. I hope for my junior youth group to develop a selfless service project to help the environment in the coming weeks ...
I only have three more sessions with them before I go to Antigua for the National Convention and then home.
That's right. I've been offered a job at Green Acre. Since it starts in the first week of May, I need to push up my 17 June departure date to 25 April. 'Tis bittersweet. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't more sweet than bitter. I have spent a lot of time here in St. Kitts and Nevis. Although it is unfortunate that I will be leaving sooner than expected, it is making me cherish my time more and double my efforts in all areas. I need to make the most of the time I have left. Of course, I would love to return here someday, but God knows how, when, and if that will happen. This job at Green Acre, though, is a dream come true.
Tomorrow Halva is going to take us on a trek into the hills. Normally, I wouldn't be particularly thrilled to go. But, knowing that my Kittian days are limitted, I want to do everything I can to appreciate the beauty of the island and of my friendships.
I'll see many of you readers sooner than expected. :-)








1 Comments:
An inspirational post. Good luck with resettling at home and enjoying the beauty of your last days there.
Post a Comment
<< Home