http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 Make a New Post

Camp Green Acre and the Aftermath

Hello, faithful fans! Last week I was a counselor at Camp Green Acre in Eliot, Maine. My 4th through 6th grade boys, left to right below: Keith (New Jersey), Ben (Hong Kong), me, Shayan (Massachusetts), Kia (Virginia).
I had a wonderful time with all the children and counselors. I love them all. The theme for the week was light. We went to the beach, had Olympic games on the hottest day, made ice cream, had a variety show, did service projects, memorized quotes from the Bahá'í­ Writings, and made lamps. I'm happy that the children had the chance to meet other The experience made me appreciate paretning even more. I hope I can be a counselor again next year!

This week I am at JOn's house in New Hamshire. Cristina and Eric were here for a few days. Over at Green Acre is the Badasht Academy, from which we graduated last year. We're visiting almost everyday. It is a four-year program for high schoolers to learn about the history of the Bahá'í­ Faith. It may be the activity that has had the largest influence on my life. It was last year, when I gave a presentation about my greataunt Edith who pioneered to South Africa, thofficiallycally decided that I want to lead a life dedicated (hardcore) to service to God. Every year they had a presentation by someone who just went on a Year of Service. Maybe next year I'll be giving one too. I found out that there is a great need on the island of St. Kitts in the Caribbean. That might be where Cristina and I end up for the next year, or at least until June 2006 when we all can be counselors at Green Acre again.

3 Comments:

At July 04, 2005 6:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very intriguing title.

 
At July 05, 2005 1:28 am, Blogger Leif Nabil said...

Who are you?

 
At July 06, 2005 10:37 pm, Blogger juicemilk said...

you need to link to Zina's blog. it's really cool that you know my awesome cousin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home