The Mosquitos Are Killing Me!
This morning no one showed up to children's classes. Albert stopped by later to tell us that his children and wife were feeling frustrated about being the only family there. I can understand that. We want to invite more children. Or maybe we'll have a children's class by them in Sandy Point.
Halva called to invite us to meet him at a certain beach. Eventually we went, but to Frigate Bay instead, because that's where we always go. He was there and we played a game called Warry. It's similar to Mancala, but with different rules and more challenging. We met his dogs, Terror and Junior, and played in the water with them. There was a boy named Nigen or something like that. (I still have trouble understanding the Kittitian accent sometimes.) He had a puppy Chihuahua named Patches that he brought into the water. [Edit: We met Abbad from Boston who goes to Winsor University School of Medicine on the island.] The waves were rougher than usual. We came back to hear Red Grammer's Soul Man in a Techno World, which we left playing; I love that album.
I got to talk to Mona with Skype for a bit, yay! :-) Skype is, in my opinion, the best thing that happened to personal computing this year. It shrinks the world in yet another way, letting you talk with crystal clarity to anyone anywhere. Then, oh my gosh, we had some amazing home-made ham-pepperoni-pineapple pizza!
Earlier, Cristina and I and Darlene and I chatted about what it will be like when I'm here by myself. I'm still a bit anxious about meeting new people and organising events by myself, but hopefully Cristina and I will be able to meet with the Local Spiritual Assembly to express these kind of concerns. So it'll be fine soon enough.








2 Comments:
I agree with Cristina that your blog can be more interesting with more feelings and less fact. I already like it a lot better.
Thank you. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home