http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Friday, September 30, 2005 Make a New Post

Patience is usually rewarded.

Because cell phones are cheaper here than in Saint Martin, Philip bought one before packing for his evening flight to his true pioneering post. I don't think I'll get a cell phone while I'm here. The landline at the Centre is enough for me. I might as well appreciate the next nine months without one because when I go back home I'll be glued to my old one again.

Studying One Common Faith today brought up some debate about the case with the Ten Commandments being displayed in that American courthouse, as well as some an appreciation for God sending His Messengers as proof of His existence.

Ruby Thomas, the guidance counsellor of a couple primary schools, came by to inform us of some upcoming projects. She has secured funding from UNICEF and UNESCO for a joint camp for "at risk" children and for children from homes in which the father is the only parent. She wants Cristina and I to help with it. She also wants us to be part of an after school program to teach etiquette. So Bahá'u'lláh will be keeping us busy. We just have to wait a few weeks for the funding and materials to reach the island.

Lloyd came by to say good-bye to Philip. I'll miss him a lot. He's quite wise and a lot of fun to be around. I look forward to seeing him again in the coming months and back home in the States.

LD and I began compiling details of recent natural disasters to figure out if God is sending any specific lessons. We also read a good article at Cristina's recommendation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home