http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 Make a New Post

"Regrets and Resolutions"

We and Lynda met with Lisa Pistana, the Convent principal, to get a clearer picture of what she wants from us, and so Lynda could share details of the Virtues Project training she does and how it will work. I am appreciating more and more what the project can do. If I haven't mentioned them before, the strategies of speaking the language of the virtues, recogising teachable moments, setting clear boundaries, honoring the spirit, and spiritual companioning are brilliant ways to improve how humans interact in steps and leaps larger than the ones Neil Armstrong spoke of. They can and have remedy countless agonising situations like this one all over the world.

Calls from Lloyd and Dr. Thomas sent us to the Ministry of National Security to fill out the forms to get our passports stamped and back into our hands. (We turned them in five weeks ago.) After twisting through town to get the necessary photos, forms and fun finalised, we got our passports back! We're legal until 30 June, 2006!

Sad, sad news came from St. Lucia via Lynda's cell that Michael, whom I met at Green Acre in July and spent the first two weeks with on St. Kitts, has to return to the States earlier than expected for health reasons. We said prayers for him. Though it is very disheartening for a pioneer to leave his post early, I'm sure that it is not without reason: "... everything which happens is due to some wisdom and that nothing happens without a reason."

Cristina and I finished another letter from World Order of Baháu'lláh: "America and the Most Great Peace." I'll close with Shoghi Effendi's closing to the letter, as I sleep early enough to go to the beach in the morning.

... Will it be America, will it be one of the countries of Europe, who will arise to assume the leadership essential to the shaping of the destinies of this troubled age? Will America allow any of her sister communities in East or West to achieve such ascendancy as shall deprive her of that spiritual primacy with which she has been invested and which she has thus far so nobly retained? Will she not rather contribute, by a still further revelation of those inherent powers that motivate her life, to enhance the priceless heritage which the love and wisdom of a departed Master have conferred upon her?

Her past has been a testimony to the inexhaustible vitality of her faith. May not her future confirm it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home