TGIF!
The workshop opened today with Saint Kitts and Nevis's beautiful national anthem. You should hear the teachers sing it. You can feel their patriotism; it's really moving. (I'll work on posting a recording.) The teachers were more interactive and appreciative today. I was a poster boy – fixing posters that fell. I felt unneeded, but afterwards a woman thanked me for helping and said I was an honest human being.
I rediscovered the value of power napping. Cristina and I planned our respective lesson plans. I am slowly gaining responsibility in my planning. It feels good to get things done well and early.
Since yesterday "bombs" (firecrackers) have been going off pretty nonstop. Tomorrow is "Guy Fawkes." No one I asked could tell me who or what that is. But it's the 400th anniversary of the infamous Gunpowder Plot that was planned by the day's namesake.
It's the end of Tourism Week on the island. Suhayl and Akil played in a steel drum concert, but we got there too late. We got to hang out with Gene and her family and hear other steel drum bands, though. I ate a veggie dog!

Haile loves to be held, and I love Haile.

The tuba of the band. I wish I could play!!








3 Comments:
I listened to the St. Kitts and Nevis anthem over here:
MIDI Database National Anthems
It sounds like a very happy and uplifting song. Nice lyrics, too.
I also really like the national anthem of El Salvador (where I did my year of service). I would often find myself humming it. Someone told me that the Salvadoran anthem was voted one of the best in the world (by who, I'm not sure). Anyway, it's also available on that site if you're interested.
Definitely my new favorite picture. I love it when little kids want you to pick them up!
Haile is adorable! It is such a wonderful feeling to hold a child in your arms! Not playing favorites is so hard! Check out today's
post for my latest experience with my Jean-Luc.
Post a Comment
<< Home