Meesa Sleepy!
The beach was good. I felt like LD, pondering, reflecting and meditating. The setting is very appropriate. I memorised: "If any differences arise amongst you, behold Me standing before your face, and overlook the faults of one another for My name's sake and as a token of your love for My manifest and resplendent Cause."
It is nice to start the day earlier. I drafted an article on the Five Year Plan for the newsletter with a clear head, but not without distracting myself. Normally I don't do homework-like activities until the evening, but today I can barely think as I am writing this. So in some ways it's better to sleep early and get up early, but it's just not compatible with what I want to do – communicate with the rest of the world. The only time to do that is night. I need to accept it and not think I'm doing something wrong, but I'll still be reasonable and aim for eight hours of sleep every night. (I have itingrainedd in my brain that staying up late is inherently wrong. It feels like I'm defying my mom. :-P )
Halva was on a mission for bitter ash tree, which is used to purify your blood or something wacky like that. So we tagged along. Halva didn't really know where it was. He asked around and hopped from village to village. It's cool that you can ask anybody here a question and they'll willingly spend time to think and answer. The first stop was to ask a guy Halva knew in Molineaux; he was smoking a huge joint right outside. Next, he asked a woman, whose cute grandchildren exclaimed, "White! Wha' your name be?" Another boy came right up to my car window with aspeechlesss spirit of curiosity. The last stop was the home of a man who has his own garden / fishery / artistic woodshop in the yard. I wish I had brought my camera!
Cristina and I helped a bit at Lynda's virtues presentation for a group of parents, mostly single fathers at Basseterre High School auditorium.
This weeks Bible study was led by a guest – one of the island's ministers. The theme was the importance of giving sacrificially to the church, beyond the boundaries of reason. His tactics, which I noted in Persianized English (پرژنایزد انگلش) during the class, included evoking guilt, emphasizing some verses while downplaying others, and not clearly distinguishing between his opinion and concepts backed by scripture. He heavily relied on the blind acceptance of some of the members of the study, but the majority of them were gaining "discernment to see God with their own eyes and here his melody with their ears." Cristina ended the discussion by reiterating that contribution to the fund must be a personal matter between every individual and God. He only responded that he needs to come up with a sermon on the topic.
Who am I? What is memory? How does it relate to emotion? to identity? I have no idea. I wrote the questions when my mind was alert. I may or may not answer them later.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home