http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Thursday, December 15, 2005 Make a New Post

Look, Mamma. No Hair.

Halva cut my hair Wednesday - not bad for only using scissors. Darlene says I have a nice head.


That night we went to the Christmas party for the Bible study. We forgot to take pictures. It was a fun evening with Christmas carols, a potluck dinner, stories and jokes.

Today's training session didn't happen because the guidance counsellor organising it was shipped out of town for a conference. In the evening, we went to a Christmasy event at the circus in town. When I kneeled next to Haile, he threw his arm around my neck! I wish I could see him more. I got to talk Luba, Gene's husband. He's Rasta and has a great view that we all are searching for truth and need to overcome the obstacles that humanity has inherited from its ancenstors. He seems like a great dad. There were two Kenyan sisters visiting to sell some crafts. We talked with them for a good while. Now that I've started traveling it's fun to talk with other travelers. Check out the pictures!

You know, from last night's party and meeting people tonight I see that I'm less shy and more willing to start a conversation with a stranger - something I used to rarely do. But being the stranger in a new country, I'm forced to overcome it. I'm thankful.

Update: I just added a new post for 5 December, complete with a puzzle!

1 Comments:

At April 16, 2006 4:10 pm, Blogger Leif Nabil said...

Haha! This post turns up on a Google serach for "no hair".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home