http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 Make a New Post

Traveling Travails

It has been a long day! I got up at 3:10 a.m. I sadly said good-bye to my sister and dad. My belt, wallet, and/or clock set off the sensors twice so they had to search me. I wondered if this meant the rest of my trip would be difficult.

I was right. I met Cristina at the San Juan airport. Both our flights were delayed because of voltanic ash in the air. When I boarded my plane I thought we were told to place our carry-ons to the side and we would get them when we arrived in Saint Kitts, so I did. (Now, I don't know where it is - hopefully in Saint Kitts.) Then once the plane we were told the control tower lost power so all flights were delayed further. Then they didn't know how long it was going to take to fix so everyone "de-planed." Cristina and I hung out some more in the terminal. Her flight left before mine so I was waiting reading (some stories about patience, actually). I was checking the status of my flight on the screen frequently when suddenly it wasn't listed any more! I told the woman at the counter that I believe I missed my flight. She had been looking for me and thought I was on the plane and now it was gone! So she put me on stand by for the next flight, but that was full. Meanwhile, I got to speak with Jeff - a laywer heading to Saint Crouix. I shared some about the Faith, and he gave some marriage advise.

American Airlines has put me up in the Best Western for the night. I got a free dinner at Subway. Tomorrow morning I'll should see Michael who is flying to Saint Lucia in the terminal. I am trying to get Gmail, MSN Messenger, or AIM to work so I can communicate directly with friends. It is so nice and warm outside, and terribly freezing inside. (My fingers are hurting from typing in the cold.)

My patience was certainly tested today, but I am happy get a free night in a hotel and still get to Saint Kitts tomorrow!

2 Comments:

At September 01, 2005 12:43 am, Blogger juicemilk said...

Haha, did you ask the guy for marriage tips?

 
At September 01, 2005 10:16 am, Blogger Leif Nabil said...

I did. He said to wait until your late twenties, because it's harder to travel afterwards. He also believes there is one person you're destined to fall in love with and it will happen no matter what so there is no need to rush.
I disagree but didn't share it. You can always pioneer together. Plus Shoghi Effendi said the youth should be advised, nay encouraged to marry while still young.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home