Halva arrived at 7 am to begin a gardening adventure. Now the lawn is finally mowed after a month, and we have a plot of ground for growing seasoning peppers.
He took us to the beach just north of the Marriot, Atlantic side. The sand is finer than at Frigate Bay, where we go 95 percent of the time. The waves were rough. Terror and Junior (Halv'a dogs) loved to swim with us. While we were reading (Cristina finished Thief in the Night. Halva started Sugar Is All. I continued All Flags Flying!.), the canines pulled at my mind: Terror has sneezed before in his life, so he knows what it feels like to sneeze. When he hears his brother Junior sneeze does he know that he is sharing the same feeling associated with his own sneeze. I know humans have this capacity, but do animals? Also, it doesn't rest well with me that a pure-bred dog is valued more than a mutt. This is analogous to valuing intraracial marriages. I'm probably thinking too deeply about it.
Cristina [I'm tempted to type "Tina" but know better because I've wittness the wrath the nickname provokes.] and I discussed arguments within relationships. We're interacting more like close friends recently, as opposed to co-
My parents are going to send me my Persian books. Yay! (Shipping is really expensive, but my dad felt I should have them anyway. I love him.) I want to catch up and be ready for continuing the class next fall. Check out this picture from when my mom first came to the States in 1960!








5 Comments:
Hi Leif, saw an ad in today's Times for a great trip in St Kitts for a discounted price. I wish Pieter and I could fly down with Bella and Alec and visit you!! Bring some sand back so you can remember even the smallest details when you get back here to Jersey...
Love,
Nishat
Great idea(s), Nishat!
Help Please! I need a St. Kitts flag. Will you please visit and leave one on my site.
I have no idea where St. Kitts is and your visit will drop a map and flag on my site. I am up to 73 countries and attempting to learn about them all. It's sort of my way of going around the world from my desk. If you are 75, I'll post ten things about St. Kitts on my blog.
Thank you bunches,
Debbie, NC, USA
Perhaps think of the difference between the purpose of dogs and a humans purpose when judging the value of dogs. Not sure if dogs can imagine themselves in another's shoes.
Who are you, Mysterious Maho?
Post a Comment
<< Home