Lynda will be leaving for St. Lucia tomorrow. She will be back and forth throughout the year doing Virtues Project training sessions, but we decided to give her a good-bye present anyway.Next we went to Cayon High School for the first meeting of the Young Leaders club. (It was our first time riding the bus!) They actually decided to adjourn until everyone could be there to elect officers. I would like to say otherwise, but I felt like the trip was a bit of a waste. Cristina counters that we are becoming familiar with the students which is very important. I need to get out of the now, broaden my vision.
Yahzon and his friend Louis came to discuss prophecies as scheduled. A lot of it was interesting. I found myself becoming impatient with Yahzon's opinions that varied from my own. I need to work on being more tolerant and allowing love to show forth above any other feelings.
Bible study was less study and more lesson on "salvation history." I couldn't tell you what it was about because the lecture format was not compatible with my brain at the late hour.
We don't always see results of our efforts, which can be disheartening. I need to let myself be detached from results and just keep putting in the effort. I am thankful for Sangeetha (even though she doesn't want to be thanked) for always quickly replying with inspiring, uplifting thoughts. She summarised what's up with me rather well: "Really its a question of knowing you are doing good versus believing it. You know it but are having trouble finding conviction in your belief, it sounds like, and I don't blame you."








2 Comments:
Hi Leif! Have been plugging your site shamelessly ;-) Re. disheartening, remember the "butterfly effect"? Just invoke the concourse - it's all uphill without their help... Love,
p
Thank you for the insight, Pieter!
I am feeling much better today. Seeing the big picture while working with the schools is key. The same is true for most things.
Post a Comment
<< Home