http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Friday, November 18, 2005 Make a New Post

The Young Leaders at Cayon selected "Virtues Project" as the theme for their sevice project. (Mr. Morris, the deputy (vice) principal and team coordinator, prompted us to mention it as an idea, and the students voted for it almost unanimously.) As much as we (including all the teachers and Dr. Thomas) would love for their project to bring virtues and the junior youth workbook to the whole community, we need to take a back seat and let the students lead themselves.

Cristina and I reminisced about our fond memories of Green Acre and NEBY Fest and the many friends and role models there both. Our lives would be sohttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif different if I didn't meet JOn that fateful summer six years ago, if she remembered to cancel going to Badasht, if Jen Wilson didn't start the Badasht Academy, if `Abdu'l-Bahá didn't visit Green Acre in 1912, if Sarah Farmer didn't start Green Acre in the first place ... and dozens or hundreds of other conditionals. So much went into getting every one of us (including you) to where we are today. How could anyone not be thankful to God?

1 Comments:

At November 19, 2005 1:57 am, Blogger juicemilk said...

yeah, I was sad when my aunts couldn't have me stay over last Christmas break, but that's the only reason I (reluctantly!) ended up going to Winter School at GA. Which was completely awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home