http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Friday, November 11, 2005 Make a New Post

Birth of Bahá'u'lláh (Eve)

While Cristina was in Nevis for a workshop on puppet making, Lynda and I cleaned up the Center for tomorrow.

I organized the library. You can now find books by subject: authoritative guidance (Genesis to UHJ compilations), historical (Nabil's Narrative to The Priceless Pearl), early believers, introductory, religious studies, Bahá'í­ studies, fiction, how to live, prayers, and children.

I happened upon All Flags Flying! by Hand of the Cause William Sears. I'm excited to read it. It starts with the author's surprise at how wacky the Bahá'í­s are for taking marriage seriously as the backbone of civilisation while most of society sees its impending expiry. His thrilling humor complements my only memory of him: going up on stage to hug him in NYC in 1992 before he died. His wife Marguerite's loving wit shines brightly in the book, while I only know her for sitting in her wheelchair, quietly answering youths' questions at this year's National Convention.

We went to the beach while it rained, which is fun. NEBY fans, remember when Counselor Stephen Birkland said that we should remain unfazed by the countless calamities that surround us? He compared that to the ground in Israel that is dry just below the surface during torrential downpours. The same is true of the sea. No matter how hard it rains, you cannot feel the drops when you are a mere half-centimeter below the surface, while anyone who isn't immersed in the ocean is drastically affected.

Cristina and I almost finished the program for tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At November 12, 2005 12:19 am, Blogger Bryan said...

thats true about the bieng underwater and not feeling rain(grammer alert!) The book however i dont get.

 
At November 12, 2005 8:03 pm, Blogger juicemilk said...

Happy Holy Day Leif!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home