http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Friday, December 16, 2005 Make a New Post

Kenya, Can Ya ... ?

This afternoon I sat in the suite of the women from Kenya with three boys. We were watching TV and making conversation while our female companions were busy trying on clothes – Cristina and their mother and grandmother, respectively. The boys are from Las Vegas. Their mom grew up in St. Kitts. Their grandmother commanded silence and touch-nothing-ness by threatening with the belts that are on sale. The youngest boy, 3, seemed on the verge of tears, but we had some quality discussion about whether or not him pinching me hurt, and that my food is in my tummy, and that you can't see it even when you go "AHHH." The older two (first and sixth grade) and I consulted the moral dillemna portrayed in Ed, Edd n Eddy. Which is more important: getting free candy before the store closes or saving your friend who is being carried away by stampeding chickens?

I got the card of one of the women. The other one has been to the Bahá'í World Centre. (I have to wait until 2009.) If I'm ever in Nairobi I hope to meet up with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home