I'm in Love.
This morning Cristina, LD, Lloyd and I gave a presentation on virtues to ninth graders at St. Theresa's Convent School. The idea was for we three youth to organise and present this lesson on our own. We (Cristina) did this, but I for one felt unsure of how to actually speak and articulate concepts in front of the class. Of course, it turned out wonderfully with all three of us sharing the presentation with confidence. (As long as you arise to serve, God helps you seal the deal.) The students, who were selected for this because of their less than peaceful treatment of younger students, really appreciate the virtues training that we will hopefully continue to give in the coming weeks.
We spent part of the day at an agricultural trade show. There were many booths that displayed and sold fruits, plants, drinks, meals, or just information. We told one booth owner that we'd be back later to buy the fruit. I doubt if he believed us; I wasn't even sure myself. It worked out that just before Lloyd picked us up we were able to go back and buy some sweet oranges and tangerines. He said we're men of our word. I see that it's important to show integrity even with something as small as that. It will leave an impression.
Our stove ran out of fuel so we might not have warm food for a while.
Tonight's study of One Common Faith was like no other. At one point, LD suggested that the three of us should discuss our feelings weekly. We could just share whatever has been bothering us or that we just need to share. I like the idea a lot. I have known both him and Cristina for years and years, and we have always been good friends, but I don't feel like I know them emotionally. Since we will be working together for the next nine or so months, we had better figure out a way to communicate the things that may be boiling inside of us. Just a few more minutes into our studying, magic happened! I made some comment about minding sports being an example of "idle word," which turned into me ripping up my child's Steelers poster and throwing it in the fire. Then all three of us broke into uncontrollable laughter - so hard that we were all crying, which felt really good. It was a joyful moment, the significance of which I doubt can be communicated nor understood. It must have to do with being pioneers and connecting which each other on the spiritual plane.
This post's title - despite the speculation some readers may entertain - simply conveys how I feel tonight. I feel immersed in the love of friends, near and far, and of God, Who does not stop sending confirmations of (as LD and Jenabe Caldwell like to say) "All are His servants, and all abide by his bidding!"








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home