A Rainy Day and Night.
Darlene, expecting to return to Saint Martin tomorrow, found out her ticket was for today. So off she went, but not until I spent 2 hours unsuccessfully trying to install a printer driver on her computer. LD very diligently mowed the lawn. The fire ants got me for the first time today when I thought of mowing in flip-flops. It is fun to use the machete on weeds; I have seen workers using the tool all over the island and couldn't wait to use it. Our neighbour Mary lent us a rake and shovel to collect the cut grass. As Kay had foretold, Mary is very sweet and motherly. I love that someone we hardly know told us directly what we had to do with our lawn, garbage, clothes. That free display of loving-kindness doesn't happen with strangers or neighbours of long years in the States.
LD, Cristina and I started brainstorming about what can be done regarding Iran's denying higher education to Bahá'ís. For details see Closed Doors.
With Darlene gone, Cristina has to stay at Lloyd's cousin's house up the street. When we escorted her there aroun 10:30, a car pulled up in front of the Bahá'í Center just as we left it and stayed there for like two minutes while we were walking away. On the way back lots of dogs went crazy barking at LD and me. Two of them jumped a fence were running straigh at us!!! Before we could even decide how scared we were, they had almost reached us. LD lowered the umbrella (It was pouring!) in front of us and stomped his feet, stopping the beasts. Evidence seems to suggest that Cristina should go to the house before dark for everyone's safety and security. Evidence also suggests that I should spend less time on the computer and more time reading and sleeping – knowledge that LD already has.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home