Today's trek was to the trade show again to meet up with Becky. Of course we saw Halva on the way through town. He bought us tickets to "Kittitian Superstar," which seems to be analogous "American Idol," as a thanks for us helping with the crafts. We didn't find Becky, but we found some great food. I ate a fried parrot fish that was cooked whole. One booth was selling noni juice. I got their conact info because my mom used to sell it in the States. We ran into the animators from Cayon High School. On the way back, we stopped at a store owned by a woman from Bible study. She gave us some ginip, a fruit that comes on a stem like grapes but with a tougher skin and a seed that takes up 80 percent of the internal volume.
The Covenant of Bahá'u'lláh begins with an investigation of the human soul. Bahá'u'lláh is quoted saying, "The world beyond is as different from this world as this world is different from that of the child while still in the womb of its mother." Just as a mother and father care for the embryo that is their child so that it may be prepared to enter this physical world that already unknowingly occupied, the same is true for the human being. We are surrounded by the next level of existance, in which reside souls who lovingly direct us in developing our own. This must be part of the love I am in that I described yesterday. Post-dinner discussion dealt with the soul and segued into marriage.
I hope I'm proved wrong again, but it feels like we're not doing enough. Cristina is always pushing to be busy and productive. Maybe I am felling anxious because we aren't seeing results, but I should be focussing more on having a spirit of service than attachment to my own hopes. It might also be that I am still getting used to this slower-paced society; the heat has a lot to do with it. I need to be more patient, especially with myself. (If I were less tired, I could be more poetic.)
[Edit: We finished One Common Faith. Golly, I can't wait until the unifying principles it expresses are appreciated throughout the world! The closing line, which I have yet to transfer from short- to long-term memory, is Bahá'u'lláh's:
"That which the Lord has ordained as the sovereign remedy and mightiest instrument for the healing of all the world is the union of its peoples in one universal Cause, one common Faith."]








1 Comments:
Hi Leif; when are you coming over to St. Lucia? I completely understand your feeling of not having enough to do. Sometimes I feel like I'm on a Baha'i-sponsored vacation! I hope, though, that you're making the most of your advantage, which is that you have a traveling companion.
Post a Comment
<< Home