A Next Update
Just as Philip encouraged me to actually start recording my adventures, Bill Nedden's encouragement to write down what happens now pushes me out of a lull in my updates. However, this time it will be with more moderation. I want to document the all fun and important events and cut the boring stuff. I'm having success in practicing moderation in my Internet presence.
The staff-wide Virtures Project training at Cayon High School went wonderfully. The highlight was a comment from one middle-aged female teacher. As this term started, she was feeling fed up with teaching and was really ready to quit. But learning about this new perspective of how to interact with students and encourage their growth on all levels through strictly positive tactics has convinced her to keep teaching. I teared a bit.
Cristina got back from the States on Wednesday. The year of service youth pair is back in action. We started by reading the letters.
Bill Nedden, member of the National Spiritual Assembly (administrative body to govern the Bahá'í community at a national level) of the Bahá'ís of the Leeward Islands, and his wife Nora visited us from Antigua on Thursday. They gave us some guidlines and goals for our work in this here second half of my year of service. Devotional gatherings is where it's at, among other things of course. A top priority I have for myself is to flippin' get out of the Centre and meet people – anyone, anywhere. I want to take steelpan lessons.
Halva took we two youth to see Harry Potter this evening, but King Kong was playing instead. I enjoyed it. Lynda is shocked at me still being awake at 1:14 am. Good night.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home