http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Sunday, January 15, 2006 Make a New Post

Three out of four ain't bad!

This morning's (1) prayer meeting was very pleasant. We dedicated it to Dhabíhu'lláh Mahramí, who is now considered a martyr for the Cause of Bahá'u'lláh, his family and the to all of the beloved Bahá'ís of Iran steadfastly enduring persecution. If any of them read this, my heartfelt gratitude and love go out to you. I cannot express this enough!

(2) Children and youth/(3) junior youth classes went wonderfully today. In the past, we've had a lot of trouble keeping to any formal activies without everyone running around. Our new approach is to have plenty of fun and active activities to keep everyone engaged. Cristina took the children and started planning for their Ayyám-i-Há performance. I taught the junior youth (and one youth) part of a dance I remembered from the Philly youth dance workshop. I also started the second junior youth book with them – "Walking the Straight Path." Of course, there's plenty of room for improvement, but this had been the best children's class yet! Everyone enjoyed themselves.

Again, the (4) study circle start had been pushed back a week due to participants' other commitments (and due to Cable & Wireless's poor cell service).

Three out of four core activities in one day is certainly something to be happy about!

7 Comments:

At January 16, 2006 5:10 pm, Blogger dan said...

Not bad at all! We used to run the gamut on Sundays back when there were only three. That was fun.

BTW, I think my surname would be more accurately transliterated گرویال (rhymes with "royal")

:)

 
At January 16, 2006 6:09 pm, Blogger Leif Nabil said...

What's a gamut?

You're title is no correctly transliterated.

I'm intrigued by the different names for what I always thought was the "last name":
"surname," "title" (Kittitian), "family name"

 
At January 17, 2006 11:15 pm, Blogger nishat said...

Great news about the classes. I think keeping everyone engaged and enjoying themselves is such a challenge. Maybe you can bring your experience back to our little community and show us how its done!! : )

 
At January 17, 2006 11:52 pm, Blogger Leif Nabil said...

Nishat, I can't wait! :-)

If you have specific issues, you can email me, and I can try to offer whatever insight I can muster from my experiences so far and from others who have had plenty more.

 
At January 18, 2006 2:42 pm, Blogger dan said...

gamut |ˈgamət| noun

1 the complete range or scope of something : the whole gamut of human emotion.

run the gamut- experience, display, or perform the complete range of something


Also, don't forget the ever popular "patronymic". ;)

 
At January 21, 2006 3:05 pm, Blogger Victor said...

What an inspiring blog!

 
At January 22, 2006 10:18 pm, Blogger Leif Nabil said...

الله الابها، شرزاد و بابک

I havn't been posting enough lately. That's mainly because I'm too busy. So that means things are going well here. There are minor tests and difficulties along the way, but I suppose its better to have them than not, right? We're organizing the District Convention for next weekend. Children & youth classes are going well. We're working on having a consistent schedule for the classes. Ruhi is still slow getting started. We have one weekly devotional and are working on multiplying devos in the homes of Bahá'ís.

I happy to be here doing all this stuff. I'm learning a lot about myself, the Caribbean, the Faith, and its Administration!

I'm coming back on Saturday, June 17, 2006.

How are things with you in good ol' 295 South?

Love,
Leif

 

Post a Comment

<< Home