http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Thursday, October 13, 2005 Make a New Post

ARGH! I JUST LOST HALF OF THE POST! I am too tired to retype it, so the following is a lamer version of what was intended.

More pics and videos from Mamma's wedding. You can tell from my face in the pictures that I wasn't into it at all. They remind me of how I miss my dad. I can't wait to catch up with him

Today's work with Halva was balanced with our own preparation for the next week. Cristina made pretty invitations for devotions, Feast, and the Holy Day. We made phone calls and a home visit to inform friends about the events.

Desmond came by to take care of the bills that come to the Center. So he was sitting there writing checks. I could have easily not said a word, and we would have gone our separate ways. Simply saying, "How did you become a Bahá'í?" opened him up to warmly relate his story and reveal his compassion, love, and appreciation for the Principle of Oneness that Bahá'u'lláh so timely revealed. He said that people find truthdifferenternt ways: through the mind or heart. Sometimes people struggle for years or decades to resolve issues intellectually, while others are immediately touched by Words that open them up to a new way of viewing the world.

Ilva came to pick up the invitation. Ruby came to tell us about an upcoming project in which Cristina and I will be doing after school programs every school day.
Note the diligent LD reading which was followed by a prompt nap after completing the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home