Halva - Day 2
Halva came over at 9 a.m. (!) to begin our day. He gave us an amory polly mango tree - a rare and treasured variety for Kittitians. Years from now, the Bahá'ís
of the island will truely appreciate the gift. After driving around town to pick up the ingredients, worked for three hours on preparing his delicious fish soup. (Meanwhile, Darlene and Pat went to Cayon High School, attempting to monitor the curriculum development there.)During lunch time, the same man who expressed interest in the Bahá'í Faith and asked for money almost a month ago stopped by. Instead of giving him money like he asked, Darlene offered him some soup. Halva was leary of this because it was his understanding that he is a thief - a legitimate concern. Regardless, we didn't ask him to leave immediately after eating and entertained his questions about Bahá'í theology.
Another afternoon of artistry brought out hidden talents and made us appreciate even more the care Halve puts into his work. His committment to not selling anything he wouldn't buy is laudable and in accordance with the "Goldon Rule." Again, the "notepaper" quotation from `Abdu'l-Bahá, which I included in last Wednesday's post, applies to the energy we all are putting in. Having a mature sleep schedule, teaching us to cook, sharing Kittitian street smarts, engaging us in spiritual discussions, Halva is a positive influence. The developing trust and good-will is mutual.
Eventhough I loved the soup earlier, it became nausiating as we were just reading World Order. I'm sweating more so than usual. Hopefully, this is just a signal that I need to be more responsible and get to bed earlier. (Lately, I've been getting to bed around 1:30 or 2 a.m.) I hope I'm not getting sick!








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home