Not a bad day, but not my favourite
Children's class was frustrating. It was pushed up because some of them had an issue with the time. It started out just fine. But as we transitioned from activity to activity (The theme was the Fund – specifically for the Chilean Temple.), we lost the attention of more and more of them. We have been waaaay too permissive in our teaching approach. I found the resultant chaos very uncomfortable. CJ and I really need to think about how to make the class and our teaching methods more effective and enjoyable, for us and for them.
CJ y yo fuimos a una fiesta de cumpleaños con Becky. La mujer tiene sesenta años. متأسفانه, my two years of Spanish don't get me much further than that, so the party was rather boring. CJ had a blast upstairs with the kids. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it even if more people spoke a significant amount of English. I just do not like being in situations where people are drinking. It was not a dangerous situation, and everyone was "drinking responsibly" – if there is such a thing, but it's not at all pleasant for me to be around it. Call it irrational (and I don't mean to pass judgement on anyone who likes to hangout with friends who drink), but I don't think a Bahá'í has any business to be around drinking. So I decided to leave, prematurely separating CJ from the kids because she shouldn't walk back from the bay to New Pond Site by herself at night.
In between those, there was another meeting about the up and coming afterschool tutoring program. Outside the place a passing gentleman made some comments I didn't understand. They included "white man," "slavery," and "both then and now." He asked how I felt about "the ganjaman, the Rastaman." While I'm not proponent of the ganja, I said that I'm for "peace for everyone and unity." That broke down his misconceptions. I was no longer a threat, but an ally. Three cheers for Bahá'u'lláh letting us know about the ONENESS OF HUMANITY!








4 Comments:
I think I missed something because I don't know who CJ is. Could you clerify and POST SOME PICTURES FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!!!!
Hovering your cursor over "CJ" in the post that first mentions it will reveal that it stands for "Cristina Jehanne."
Okay, okay, okay. I'm loading my pics onto CJ's computer and plan to start uploading them tonight. These go really far back. So look back at my December posts for added pictures.
Eh, what new pictures? Come on, dude. For your baby sister's sake. Get on that. :)
Maybe I'll get to that after all three of tomorrow's meetings and this week of editting.
...I know I'm letting the fans down, but I can afford to becuase I know they're loyal. ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home