JNF Hospital - another home away from a home away from home
CJ had another seizure. This time there was no hesitation to jam her with the gloucagon. The panic came when there was a pool of blood under her head.* An ambulance ride, a couple visist to the cashier, two visits from Dr. Thomas, some X-rays and blood tests, and nine hours later everything was hunky-dory. She's spending the night. While the evangelists were bringing some patients to Jesus in case they died the next day, Halva, CJ, another visitor and I played Connect Four. When they came to her, she played it cool: "We can each say a prayer." They did theirs and let her be after she said Bahá'u'lláh's short healing prayer.
Darlene and I cleaned the Centre nice and good for the Counsellor's arrival at 6:25 a.m.
Ruby treated the two of us to dinner at this nice restaurant at the BET Soundstage after we visited some of the fathers who will be in the programme she is organising.
* I'm a bit jumpy after the adventure this morning. I sat with her putting pressure on her head and trying to keep her awake but keep her comfortable. CJ and I hardly touch – just high-fives if that. But I had no problem sticking her with that needle and gently making sure she was alert and safe after her fall. Normal boundaries don't apply in emergency situations, I suppose. I just want her to be okay. Durn, that can be scary, but I kept my cool.








3 Comments:
Ah! good to know you handled the situation like a pro. Will send some prayers for CJ. boundaries change in certain situations such as giving soomeone life saving CPR.
Unfortunately I am going to have to report you to the boundary police. They should be coming soon to give you a hands on education in boundary science.
I love LD!
You are a great friend LD. Hooray for the upcoming "hands on education in boundary science" course.
usf
Post a Comment
<< Home