http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Monday, February 27, 2006 Make a New Post

Our appointments at Cayon and Washington Archibald High Schools were cancelled this morning because of scheduling conflicts. No skin off our backs.

There might be some skin coming of my nose in a week or so, though. I didn't put on sunscreen before Lavonne, CJ, and I spent about an hour at the Marriot (Atlantic) beach. I haven't been there since Kay was here. We saw a cute baby pet monkey named Sammy.

Fist Ayyám-i-Há gift of the day: Downtime, during which I heard an unfamiliar voice on the Bahá'í Centre's voicemail. It wound up being a Bahá'í woman whom we haven't met yet. (This is very surprising considering how small the island is.)

Second Ayyám-i-Há gift of the day: (You may recall that I gave an over-heated gentleman water on J'Ouvert morning. I assumed he was a tourist...) As I started the car to pull off from the auto supply shop, up pulls the man and his wife right next to me. I make I contact, first confused trying to place the faces. Then I said with a smile, "Carnival. I gave you water." I had tried to get in touch with him that day in December, but long since gave up, assuming they didn't live here. They had tried to find me, too. So I (plus one friend) have an appointment – which I have to reschedule because of Book 1, Book 1-intro, and Feast all on the same night – for dinner at their home.

Third Ayyám-i-Há gift of the day: An evening in Sandy Point, being ever-too-brief, positive influences in the lives of some children in Becky's tutoring programme. Meanwhile, I became more comfortable about the future of the large, ambitious programme Victoria is starting ... mainly because it just might be a window to some major study circle action.

I wish you all a splendorific Ayyám-i-Há and a superbly spiritually uplifting Fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home