http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Monday, September 12, 2005 Make a New Post

The same driver from yesterday took the group and Dr. Thomas - the director of Curriculum Development - to Cayon High School in the morning. Lloyd and I went separately to pick up the "Breezes of Confirmation" books from the venue of last weeks workshop. I got a huge chunk of animal poop on my shoe.

Lloyd presented us in front of Cayon's morning assembly. It was quite interesting. They began the morning with some prayer, they sang "Lean on Me." We then met with the adult participants of the workshop and the school's principal. (Keva was there.) The same happened at Basseterre High School and at Sandy Point High School, where Rebecca works. This was an amazing experience. All the participating teachers shared thoughts, feelings, and experiences that made it clear that they have already taken ownership of the Virtues Project and "Breezes of Confirmation." One woman tried acknowledging her son's virtues instead of yelling at him; he was startled but really appreciated it and became coöperative. Another woman tried recognising her boyfriends positive qualities instead of complaining about his negative characteristics. All three principals were very excited about the project and offer their full support and blessing. They all know the necessity of moral and spiritual education. Listening to them was like reading our own thoughts. THERE IS A COCKROACH FLYING ABOVE ME! On the way home, Kay introduced Cristina and I to two of her friends who are shop keepers in town.

This afternoon was rather relaxed. Cristina, Philip, Michael, and I are having too much fun! I'm going to miss Michael when he leaves next week! We discussed various laws and practices for electing Local Spiritual Assemblies as we perused Lights of Guidance and the Kitáb-i-Aqdas. AND we started studying ONE COMMON FAITH, hooray! So far it is only individually, but we want to study it together when we have more time to dedicate to it.

In the evening, Daren assisted us youth by guiding us in practising preparing and executing lessons individually while the others pretended to be junior youth. It was a helpful and confidence building exercise for each of us.

I haven't had internet access for two days because Kay's computer went kaput yesterday, and today they are using it to develop information and contact card for the Noble Youth Alliance. That's why I haven't been responding to emails or sending new ones. Also, longer emails are taking me longer to write or even get to. This inconvenience should be resolved in a couple weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home