Well, what do you know, it's September 11 again. It's also Sunday. Salman, my dear Ugandan, Ethiopian, and Eritrean friend from Green Acre, grew up at the Bahá'í House of Worship in Kampala, Uganda, because his father is the caretaker. It was weird for him to not have children's classes and devotionals on Sundays like at the Temple. I miss all my Green Acre friends!
The morning was rather relaxing. Philip and I finished the laundry we started yesterday. I have learnt that, if you don't want spots of ink on your clothes, be sure to check your pockets for pens.
There is a children's class here at the Centre every Sunday. (Unfortunately, it didn't happen last week because of the Virtues Project training we were having.) Albert Millington's (the caretaker of the Centre) family came. He worked outside on the gardens and lawn, while the children and his wife were inside for the class. (I don't remember thier names yet.) Cristina and I volunteered to go down and lead the class. She, being great with children, took the lead. We learnt about virtues I really enjoyed spending time with the family. I hope to open up the class to more children. After the Millingtons left and we cleaned up, I gave Cristina and Philip the dragon and prince riddle that Dameon shared at Green Acre. Some of you know it.
The Ministry of Education treated us to a tour of the island today. It was supposed to be 2 hours but ended up being 4 hours long. Ruth and Ruby Thomas came along. We visited some beautiful areas. I took like 100 pictures that I must put up eventually. (Once my computer has internet access in a few weeks, I will have more time to take care of that sort of thing.) We could see a small sample the extremes of wealth and poverty even though St. Kitts has a very large middle class. Places of interest include an old British fort with a view of much of the island, the meeting place of Atlantic and Caribbean waves, some rain forest, a monkey, a fertility stone from the time of the Caribs' presence dating back to 2500 B.C., and a spot with an amazing view of much of Basseterre, the peninsula, and Nevis.
We just finished consulting about tomorrow's visit to Cayon High School. We are having too much fun here! Maybe it's a lull before a storm.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home