http://leif9.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Monday, October 17, 2005 Make a New Post

Back to Normal.

We picked up Cristina at the hospital. The degree to which people show compassion for each other in the Caribbean is amazing and heart-warming. Halva and Pat visited Cristina with LD, Darlene and I. Later on a woman from Bible study stopped by the Bahá'í­ Center to make sure Cristina was okay; she had heard from another church member that we were at the hospital yesterday. I wish the States were like that. I remember a few times that friends were sick back home or at Rutgers, but I didn't visit them even though `Abdu'l-Bahá entreats us to do so. Seeing how wonderful the advise is, I hope and expect to heed the words and show people I care about that I really do.
"We should all visit the sick. When they are in sorrow and suffering, it is a real help and benefit to have a friend come. Happiness is a great healer to those who are ill..."
Halva took LD and I to snackette before we picked up Cristina. We all got conch chowder with garlic bread – a meal much better than anything you can get for EC$10 (US$3.74) anywhere I know of in the States. We picked up some pine cones at Frigate Bay. Who would expect to find a pine tree on St. Kitts? After this week he will be back in town to sell his goods.

Darlene cooked Persian-style rice for dinner! Yay! I don't think I have had Persian food since Bonnie's magnificent meal at beloved, blessed Green Acre commemorating the 94th anniversary of `Abdu'l-Bahá's visit.

To ensure that we're staying healthy, Darlene is encouraging us to get to bed earlier.

1 Comments:

At October 18, 2005 7:20 pm, Blogger JOn said...

"Halva and Pat visited Cristina with LD" I just thought that I would let you know that "with LD is a misplaced modifier and you mispelled her name. Unless LD was with Cristina when they visited it should read "Halva and Pat, with LD, visited Tina" so as to convey where LD was at the time of the visit and to make sure people know that it was Tina you were talking about. Love, JOn :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home