Birth of the Báb (Eve)
Click the title.
Once again, my hours wasted in front of computers over the years has paid off. Our modem lost its configuration. I called the help desk; the woman walked me through most of it, but she got stuck. She was going to send someone over to take care of it, but TADA! I fixed it all by myself.
Most of the day was cleaning and cooking in preparation for the Holy Day. I moved into LD's room and Cristina took mine so Darlene can have her own room.
Mine before:
LD and my room after:
Halva took us to town to buy some necessities and so Cristina and I could get out necklesses polished. The jeweler, named Mick and a drummer for Led Zeppelin, was curious about the Bahá'í Faith after having watched a special about it on National Geographic. Have you seen it? Comment if you have; I'm curious. He was interested in coming to tonight's program.The celebration went smoothly. We had some verging-on-stressful planning sessions, but they paid off. These things never go exactly as planned anyway. (Except maybe Holy Day commemorations in the Bahá'í World Centre. Darlene says the Universal House of Justice picks readers. You come, they read, you go, that's it. Comment if you know more about that.) Starting about 35 minutes late, Jamal, Suheil and Akil (and LD and Cristina) briefly narrated the story of the Báb's life, which was followed by selected prayers, music and food. Halva and his friend
Everyone is getting into Skype. I talked to my mom – nothing new. LD spoke to his mom. Cristina spoke with Eric. I'm really loving how interconnected the world is becoming thanks to blogging and the internet in general. In the past 24 hours I "met" someone from Melbourne, Australia, through BY.com and someone from Kansas through a mutual friend.












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home